Reporting directly to the General Manager, Residential, the Resident Building Manager is responsible for providing superior, quality services to ensure consistent quality services for tenants, and to help enhance the overall value of the Hudson District. This position requires you to live on-site on the property. If you are positive, customer focused, a team player and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Providing superior quality customer service dealing effectively and fairly with tenant requests;
- Managing the booking of elevators for move-in and move-outs;
- Proactively anticipating needs/issues and providing solutions to tenants and Leasing and Administration Manager and Property Manager concerns;
- Planning and participating in various building events such as Tenant Appreciation Day;
- Conducting suite inspections upon tenant move-in and move-out;
- Maintaining good tenant relations, handling and documenting tenant complaints and any emergencies in the building which occur during, over and above office hours;
- Responsible for viewing the security cameras in the event of theft or damage to assist the police and/or other staff to determine cause or events of such an occurrence;
- Ensuring the parking and storage locker rules and regulations are strictly adhered to by the residential tenants and maintain up to date records of all infractions with the assistance of the supervisor;
- Emergency response and on-call, after hours duty, as required;
- Assisting contractors on property: providing access, verifying completed work, reporting issues to management;
- Ensuring all rents received and cheques, pursue delinquent rents, NSF cheques, if required by the supervisor;
- Recording rent receipts and making bank deposits, if required by the supervisor;
- Serving Termination Notices, Rent Increase Notices, and other notices as approved by the Leasing and Administration Manager and Property Manager and in compliance with Residential Tenancy Act;
- Inspecting service rooms and the property daily and reporting deficiencies to management;
- Ensuring that turn-over suites are ready for new tenant(s): helping to clean suites, if necessary; performing minor repairs and painting; ensuring that all repairs and upgrades are completed; and
- Other duties as required by the needs of the operation.
- Completion of high school diploma
- A general understanding of accounting principles and procedures; and
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience:
- Providing superior quality service; and
- Providing effective and efficient administration support, including answering phones, accurate and timely record keeping, processing invoices and coordinating support services.
- Demonstrating a polite, professional, and cooperative personality and willingness to assist others;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize demands;
- Diligently dealing with methods of organization and detail in performing his / her duties;
- Working both independently and as a team player;
- Adapting to changing needs and demands while remaining calm; and
- Taking direction and following through on assigned work in a timely manner.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: